top of page

Studying in the US

Studying in the US

Congratulations on your decision to study in the United States! A very rewarding and life-changing experience awaits your son at St. Catherine’s Academy.

Generally, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the U.S. must first obtain a visa, either a nonimmigrant visa for temporary stay, or an immigrant visa for permanent residence. Your son must obtain a student visa (F-1) to study in the U.S.

To study as an F student in the U.S. you need a Form I-20, “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Status.” The Form I-20 is a paper record of your information in SEVIS, a database that holds information on students and exchange visitors in the United States.

St. Catherine’s Academy is authorized under Federal Law to enroll nonimmigrant students and to issueI-20’s to all international students requiring an F-1 visa.

F-1 Visa Cycle

Find additional information and steps about applying for an F-1 student visa. Our knowledgeable admissions team is also available to help you through the process.  Please feel free to contact us.

To obtain additional information regarding the F-1 legal requirements, visit the U.S. Department of State and SEVIS websites.

The information on this page was obtained from the following sources:, US Department of State Consular Application Center, and

Admissions Team

Our admissions team is here to help you. Please feel free to contact us with any questions. We look forward to working with your family!


Ms. Deisy Escobedo

Director of Admissions

714-772-1363 x154

bottom of page