A Foundation For Lifelong Success
St. Catherine’s Academy, a Catholic school with a military tradition, builds within young men a foundation for success through a formation program, which is rooted in the Dominican charism and emphasizes faith, leadership, academics, and service.
St. Catherine’s Academy, a Catholic resident/day school for boys in transitional kindergarten - 8th grade, builds within young men a faith-filled foundation for success, rooted in the Dominican Pillars of prayer, study, community, and ministry. On the foundation of these pillars, we along with parents, the primary educators, strive to form well-rounded cadets who are aware of the importance of faith in all aspects of their lives.
Through opportunities for prayer, community worship, and religious instruction, students are taught that prayer is a significant part of everyday life and a means of growing in their personal relationship with God. In the belief that study helps students better understand God’s truth, academics are based on curriculum standards and gospel values that will create a foundation for lifelong learning. St. Catherine’s Academy works to recognize the God-given talents of each student. The academic, military, and resident programs teach cadets the importance of community and how to relate to others as leaders and team members who are responsible for the success of one another. The importance and joy of ministry to others is inspired through opportunities for service to the local and global community.
School-Wide Learning Expectations
A cadet at St. Catherine’s Academy, rooted in the Dominican charism, is:
A young man who embraces prayer as he lives a life of faith
- Demonstrates an appreciation for God in his life
- Makes good moral choices that reflect Gospel values
- Worships weekly with the school community
- Has a knowledge of the Catholic faith – its teachings, history and traditions
A young man who lives community based on leadership virtues supported by the military tradition
- Demonstrates self-respect, self-discipline, honesty, integrity, and compassion
- Respects diversity with concern and acceptance for all
- Is committed, involved, and responsible
- Obeys rules and accepts authority
A young man who commits to study, to learn and grow in wisdom
- Demonstrates competency in basic skills
- Is able to analyze, think critically, and problem solve
- Uses imagination and creativity to explore and discover
- Is able to utilize technology and communicate effectively
A young man who is willing to serve others through his ministry
- Shares his gifts, talents, and knowledge
- Is active in recognizing the needs of the earth and environment
- Demonstrates a spirit of service in Church, family, school, and community
- Has a sense of duty, commitment, involvement, and responsibility
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.