The SCA Difference
As a Catholic school with a military tradition, St. Catherine’s Academy is truly one of a kind. We guide students to success through a multi-faceted program that includes:
- Structure, teaching of self-discipline, and developing leadership qualities
- Outstanding academics characterized by small classes, individual attention, and boy-centered teaching strategies
- Faith formation rooted in the Dominican Pillars of community, ministry (service), study, and prayer
St. Catherine's Academy Cadets
TK - 2nd Grade
Students in transitional kindergarten - 2nd grade do not formally participate in the military program. They do, however, grow into the structure, community, and peer leadership of this school-wide program through regular activities, such as wearing a modified version of the military uniform, being recognized for positive achievements during our monthly reports ceremony, and partnering with a “big brother” cadet.
3rd - 8th Grade
Students in 3rd - 8th grade grade are full members of our military program. They participate in daily military activities, earn rewards and consequences based on the merit/demerit system, and receive promotions in rank. Recognizing the needs and abilities of younger students, elementary school cadets focus on learning basic drill movements, maintaining a proper uniform, and following orders. These basic skills lay a foundation for self-confidence and personal responsibility.
Here are just a few reasons why parents choose SCA:
- SCA offers a structured and predictable environment that helps boys learn and grow.
- Caring military staff act as role models of character, responsibility, and teamwork.
- Hands-on leadership experience prepares students for an outstanding future in a variety of careers.
- As a Catholic school with a military tradition, SCA is not a traditional military school. Our dedicated staff, led by the Dominican Sisters, provide a nurturing environment and well-rounded program.
- Our military tradition prepares students for high school, college, and life – not for military service.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.