Studying In The US

Congratulations on your decision to study in the United States! A very rewarding and life-changing experience awaits your son at St. Catherine’s Academy.

Generally, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the U.S. must first obtain a visa, either a nonimmigrant visa for temporary stay, or an immigrant visa for permanent residence. Your son must obtain a student visa (F-1) to study in the U.S.

To study as an F student in the U.S. you need a Form I-20, “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Status.” The Form I-20 is a paper record of your information in SEVIS, a database that holds information on students and exchange visitors in the United States.

St. Catherine’s Academy is authorized under Federal Law to enroll nonimmigrant students and to issue
I-20’s to all international students requiring an F-1 visa.

F-1 Visa Cycle

Visa cycle

Find additional information and steps about applying for an F-1 student visa. Our knowledgeable admissions team is also available to help you through the process.  Please feel free to contact us.

To obtain additional information regarding the F-1 legal requirements, visit the U.S. Department of State and SEVIS websites.

The information on this page was obtained from the following sources:, US Department of State Consular Application Center, and

This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.