Campus & Facilities
St. Catherine’s Academy is situated on a beautiful 8-acre campus in the heart of Anaheim’s historic district. Our campus features superb facilities, historic buildings, and lots of outdoor space. Maintaining a safe and secure campus for our students is a top priority.
- 3 classroom buildings
- Science lab
- STREM/Robotics Lab
- Learning resource center
- Marching band & music room
- Piano room
- 4 dormitories
- Infirmary, with full-time registered nurse
- Extended Care Program Classroom
- Movie room
- St. Thomas Aquinas Chapel, with seating for approximately 300
- Dining hall
- Zaborowski Hall assembly room
- Administrative offices
- Staff housing
- Maintenance shop
Athletic Fields & Facilities:
- Indoor pool
- Sports field
- Indoor gymnasium
- Obstacle course
- Recess area (3rd – 8th grade)
- Playground (TK - 2nd grade)
- Campus-wide wireless network
- Interactive SMART projectors in each classroom
- Chromebooks (Grades 1-8)
- iPads (TK-K)
- SCA is located just two miles north of Disneyland. The campus, especially the dorms, offers excellent views of Disney’s nightly fireworks display.
- Completed in 1889, the original buildings of St. Catherine's Academy were the first structures built by the Dominican Sisters of Mission San Jose in California. Previous schools and the Motherhouse had all been purchased or donated as existing buildings.
- The St. Thomas Aquinas Chapel honors Captain William Maguire, SCA chaplain and Navy chaplain present at the Attack on Pearl Harbor. Father Maguire was featured on the cover of Life magazine.
- A statue of St. Joseph remained standing throughout the earthquake of 1933 despite severe damage to many campus structures. The statue remains in the pool area today.
- In 1955, Universal Studios filmed The Private War of Major Benson at St. Catherine’s Academy. Charlton Heston starred alongside actual cadets who are cast as extras.
We invite prospective families, alumni, and other visitors to schedule a tour. Please contact us for more information.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.