A Well-Rounded Military School
St. Catherine's Academy
Our military tradition promotes a variety of life skills, such as planning, following directions, working on a team, setting goals, and overcoming obstacles. Through this unique program, SCA students become responsible, self-confident young men. They learn to be leaders of honor and integrity through hands-on experience in our peer leadership program.
St. Catherine’s Academy is proud to be more than a traditional military school. Your son will also receive outstanding instruction in the classroom, participate in a variety of extracurricular activities, and grow in his own personal faith, guided by the Dominican Sisters of Mission San Jose who own and operate SCA.
The SCA Difference
As a Catholic school with a military tradition, St. Catherine’s Academy is a one-of-a-kind military school for boys. We guide students to success through a multi-faceted program that includes:
- A military tradition that provides structure, teaches self-discipline, and develops leadership qualities
- Outstanding academics characterized by small classes, individual attention, and boy-centered teaching strategies
- Faith formation rooted in the Dominican Pillars of community, ministry (service), study, and prayer
- An overall program focused on younger students. We serve students in transitional kindergarten - 8th grade.
Why Choose A Military School?
Military schools offer incredible opportunities for students, especially boys. Military schools today are a place for America’s best and brightest students to follow a college-preparatory curriculum while developing the personal qualities needed to become leaders of tomorrow.
Here are just a few reasons why parents choose St. Catherine’s Academy:
- SCA offers a structured and predictable environment that helps boys learn and grow.
- Caring military staff act as role models of character, responsibility, and teamwork.
- Hands-on leadership experience prepares students for an outstanding future in a variety of careers.
- As a Catholic school with a military tradition, SCA is not a traditional military school. Our dedicated staff, led by the Dominican Sisters, provide a nurturing environment and well-rounded program.
- Military schools prepare students for high school, college, and life – not for military service.
We invite you to learn more about how SCA can meet your needs for a military school by visiting the other pages in the military tradition section of this website. We also invite you to request more information or schedule a tour to learn more.